So silence veiled the field’s remains, / And nature ceased to stir
Prophesy and Apathy
- I built the ark / All to see what would happen
A Window of Relapse
- We were creatures in the night / Feeding off the flesh and substance abuse of the bottle
A Wasted Life
- Uncertainty she is my bride, / while danger is my groom
For Allison on her 16th Birthday
- We pack them in egg cartons / Wrapped in foam / and duct tape
- Yet would the grass of May, warmed by the sun / Be as loved beneath bare feet
- You aren’t a student of education. / You’re a student of experimentation.
The Voice of Nature
- You, flute, speak for the leaves
- I do not know Melissa, and I opened it nonetheless
- For endless sun, or driving rain / For seconds of pleasure, or hours of pain
- There must be a way / A place where the poles come together
- You are the flower garden, the hidden key
- If god made the world, something went amiss
- Mercy is a lie
- My I just say I despise APA?
Dark and Light in Venice
- Strength is found in her firm lip
A Nation Ripped Apart
- How did so many dying souls / Not shake the earth beneath them?
- When I’m alone, the Tsunami unleashes…alone, the sea rages
- My world is quiet, besides the rain / Thoughts are frozen in the air / But the silence speaks to me
Entombed by Man
- I once longed / to live and love, and forgot to find freedom / in the vireo’s song or a sunlit room
- I want to love you but my heart says, misplaced– / my heart says, Wanderer
- His voice pours desire so absolute / my lips part and drink intonations in
- I have longed to feel / the mountains tremble beneath my feet / or to hold the world / in one silver, streaked hand.
A Broken Mind
- you sit in the shadows watching the world float by, word after word, trying to hide