- The plan was simple enough. It played to all of my strengths. Specifically, it relied on my ability to look harmless followed rapidly by being anything but.
- Her hand slides over the table, grips a white and blue sheet. It folds over her hand. She stares at it. Her eyes are wet.
An Unsuccessful Death
- I could taste the poison of hatred inside my mouth. I began salivating on it, feeding my wicked appetite for the dark arts.
- “What are ye youngn’s doing on this battlefield?” This guy was clearly taking his acting overboard.
Three Dark Fantasies
- Sunlight had long since disappeared. The cold night of darkness surrounded everything around me now.
- “The castle has been breached; they’re slaughtering everyone in sight.”
- I had been working here since the beginning. It was back when going to the moon was a myth. It actually still felt like a myth to me.