A Glimpse of My Father
- Sitting in his armchair, his legs folded up. The left leg peaks like a mountain, the right leg flows under like a river, and his stomach rests in the valley.
Hair with a Smile
- As she pulls the bobby pin from the tassel of hair smoothed back on the top of her head, her dark bangs tumble into her face.
- I looked up into the huge mirror behind the counter. I could see myself and everyone else plus the scenery outside behind our backs.
The ritual of object hunting starts with the compilation of various objects into a list . . .
- I reflect upon a room in my grandmother’s house on a Saturday in spring with the curtains dancing in the breeze.
- I was always under the impression this country was fairly preoccupied with war; little did I know, we are genuinely obsessed.